Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Scattered Second Thoughts

Who would have thought I'd fallen in love?
Who would have though I'd fallen in love again?
Love is supposed to be that glorious light that seems to wash all that sticky darkness and dread away. If that's the case, I have fallen in love many a time. I love Chinese food. I love music. I love my slippers, my television, my cheetah-printed snuggie. All these things make my day better.
But that's not quite love, is it?
I love these things but I don't, you know, looooove them. That would be worrisome in a messed-up, kinky way.

What is love anymore, anyways? Words that used to have the most meaning and the most honesty have been scorched and mutilated into emotionless cliche's, bleeding away their purpose into second thoughts and meaningless phrases. Phrases like: I love you, Thank you, God Bless, I'm sorry, Please.

What do these words mean anymore, anyways?
Nothing.
They're...expected. Obligatory. Meaningless.

So why do we use them so much if they're nothing but bland and un-heartfelt words? Words that are supposed to make a difference. Words that, are supposed to make you feel.
Could really say these words to someone you care about? Someone who you want to share your true feelings to?

So, now I ask you to take a breath. Take a chance. Take a while...to say these words for real.
I love you.


Thank you.


God bless.


I'M SORRY.

Please.
Please...try.
And please, for my sake, for God's sake, for your sake, don't turn honesty into another cliche. Being heartfelt is all we have left.

Who would have thought I could have fallen in love?
Who would have thought I'd fallen in love again.

Just another cliche....
Just another word.

Happy Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. "And please, for my sake, for God's sake, for your sake, don't turn honesty into another cliche."

    Holy Wow.
    I had to read this aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Heartfelt is all we have left..." DEEP. IN LOVE. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete