Saturday, February 11, 2012

I'm Thinking About You...

During those moments where you get easily distracted, I often find myself easily thinking about you.
Right now, I’m thinking about you.
I’m thinking about you like small town girls think about cities.
I’m thinking about you like balloons think about air.
I’m thinking about you like cats don’t think about dogs,
but they think about mice.
Like burns think about ice.
Like white people think that Asians only think about rice.
I’m thinking about you like facial hair thinks about 5 o’clock.

I’m thinking about you like angels think about their family.
Like Van Helsing thinks about Edward.
I’m thinking about you like women think about babies.
Like rats think about rabies.
Like studs think about ladies.
I’m thinking about you like books think about eyes.
Like eyes think about color.
Like color thinks about contrasting and complementing and complimenting other colors.

I’m thinking about you like heroes think about damsels.
I’m thinking about you like nerds think about their future.
I'm thinking about you like love thinks about getting hurt.
Like hurt thinks about getting better.
Like butter thinks about toast.
Like fatties think about roast.
Like sailors think about the coast.
I’m thinking about you like journals think about feelings.

I’m thinking about you like pillows think about drool.
Like drop-outs think about school.
I'm thinking about you like waves think about the moon.
Like stars think about the moon.
Like the sun thinks about the moon.



I’m thinking about you like words think about being spoken.
Like hearts think about being broken,
and then being fixed,
by chocolate binges and pixie sticks.
I’m thinking about you like how I hope you’re thinking about me.
Because baby, what’s the point in Thinking if you aren’t.

Happy Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. way good, and creative. one of the few! *snap *snap

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is pretty.

    Thank you.

    Post Script:

    Read this ;)
    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I freaking adore hyperbole and a half!!!

      Delete
    2. I feel like this is also directed toward my tendency to use "alot" rather than "a lot". For that, I apologize.

      Delete