Saturday, February 25, 2012

Curtains. A Letter to God.

Hi God.

Sorry I haven't talked to you in a while.
Sorry for all the doubt, hate and opposition the world throws your way.

I shouldn't feel tentative and scared while I say this to you.
And I'm sorry that I  am.

Why is it that we fear you? Why I fear you?
I believe it is human nature to fear the unknown.
That being said, you don't cause fear. It's our cowardly human minds that do.
I doubt someone as giving as you would created such terror among men.

To cause fear is such a human thing to do.

Which is why we fear you.
We're human. We fear. It's what we do.

When we're not in control, we go against those who are, or we simply worship them.
It's become tough to tell who worships you out of love or out of fear.
Yes, it can be both.
We tend to fear losing the things we love.



Humans are selfish that way.



Selfish and fearful. So human, so flawed.
But how could you make something so flawed?
You, being so un-flawed, obviously didn't make a mistake.

So that means you did it on purpose.

Not because you are selfish and spiteful. Those are human excuses.
But because you love us.
You made us selfish and fearful, because you. love. us.
Because you give us free will...and a choice.
The choice of whether to be selfish and fearful. Or to choose to be like you.
Wonderful. Perfect. God-like.

But just saying that feels wrong. Impossible. Just odd.
Us, mere humans, insects and whores don't deserve such a glorifying title.
Not unless you, who are so loving and giving pull that Curtain of doubt away and bless us with such an honor.
The honor of being named God-like.

Good luck finding such people.
People who are in fact, wonderful, perfect, and God-like.
People who we should praise for being so incredible and wonderful.
Not for their money, looks, or silver-tongued words.
But for their uncorrupted and honest success.

For making the right choice.

The inhuman choice.

The God-like choice.

If you do find such people, I'd like you to ask yourself,
"Do they want the Curtain of doubt pulled away? SHOULD I pull that Curtain of doubt away?
Because, if I do, will they continue being loving, giving, and God-like?
Or will they fall into arrogance and self-righteousness?"

Well, we are humans after all.

Thank you though, for our choice. Now it's time to make yours.
Do you trust our unwavering loyalty?
Or will we succumb to our disgusting human instincts?
But what do I know? I am just a human after all.

I'm sorry if our choice is wrong.
And I applaud you for creating those who choose right.
Make sure they don't trip on the Curtain on their way to humbleness.
It's a very rocky path that not many make.

Because falling off, tends to be our instinct.


Happy Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. "But what do I know? I am just a human after all."

    "Make sure they don't trip on the Curtain on their way to humbleness.
    It's a very rocky path that not many make.

    Because falling off, tends to be our instinct."


    So good.

    ReplyDelete