Friday, March 9, 2012

Am NOT, roBOT

I know I'm human because I'm selfish.
Robots, machines and computers serve. They have a purpose from creation and I did not.
I know I'm human because no one had to buy me, put me together, and push the "on" switch.

I know I'm human, but I might be robotic.

I have an instruction manual for how I work and how to fix my fraying fuses.

Sometimes I don't feel.
Sometimes I don't eat.
Sometimes I don't sleep.
Sometimes I don't breathe.

I know I'm human, but I might be malfunctioning.

I have a routine and a constant flow of how I'm supposed to work.
I have duties and I grew into that purpose I wasn't born with.
I'm now a piece of this clockwork world and help make it run smoothly.

Sometimes I cry.
Sometimes I bleed.
Sometimes I laugh.
Sometimes I hate.

I know I'm human, but I might be outdated.

A newer generation of me is constantly being created.
A newer, better version of this vintage model.
It seems like I just came out but there's always something better coming after me.

I know I'm human because that's what other humans told me, that's what my instruction manual told me, and that's what my programming told me.

I'm a functioning human.
Because that's what I told me.


Happy Friday.

1 comment:

  1. "I know I'm human, but I might be malfunctioning."

    Love this line.

    ReplyDelete